Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Get Gorgeous Skin with One Drink!

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"
~Coco Chanel

Who doesn't want gorgeous skin?

Oh right - everyone does...even you men out there!

Your face is the first thing people see and is a reflection of what is going on inside your body.

What's the one ingredient that makes my skin look its best?

Water.

So simple. So beautiful.

When I'm well hydrated my skin is clear and fresh. When I'm dehydrated it gets bumpy and lifeless.


Think of a plant that is dry and how it changes when you give it water...your body is the same. Your skin is your largest organ and therefore greatly affected by dehydration.

The human body is composed of 75% water. Your brain is 85% water. So yes, your body works best when it is well hydrated. It also helps with your natural elimination process keeping unwanted toxins and waste from hanging out in the body for too long and coming to your skin's surface.

How do I stay hydrated?

I like to spice up my water with lemon, cucumber or any fruit to give it a little flavour or make me feel like I'm at the spa ;-) Also decaffeinated herbal tea is equivalent to water so go for that if you want to switch things up from regular water. Some foods are also very hydrating - cucumbers, leafy greens, watermelon, bell peppers and broccoli - adding them in to your diet will help keep you hydrated.


So drink up - have an extra glass of water or two today and notice how gorgeous your skin can be.

Love this healthy content? 
Want amazing, healthy recipes delivered to your inbox? 



No comments:

Post a Comment