"Imagine if we obsessed about the things we loved about ourselves"
The best and healthiest way to shed some lbs is making small tweaks to your everyday life that will encourage weight loss and help you keep the weight off for good - because no one can be on a juice cleanse forever!
Here are 5 of my fav "Weight Loss Hacks" that are super easy!
- Drink more water. The body often mistakes hydration for hunger. The whole "8 glasses of water a day" may not be right for everyone but if you weigh more than 130 lbs you should be getting at least 60oz a day - basically more than 6 glasses. Not only will this keep you feeling full it also flushes out your body - keeping your organs in proper working order. Next time you want a little afternoon snack, enjoy a big glass of water first.
- Don't eat after dinner. Once you have finished eating dinner - that's it - no wandering around the kitchen an hour or two later looking for snacks. Its ok to occasionally have dessert however eat it shortly after your meal - not at 11pm at night. Give your body 10-12 hours without food (mostly while you are sleeping) to let it digest everything properly and to efficiently work on other systems. If you are having a craving - make a cup of tea or have a glass of water. This is something that may be difficult at first but after a while it will become a habit and you won't think twice about it.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Sleep directly affects hormones that control hunger and satiety feelings - getting enough shut eye will keep those hormones balanced. Also when you are well rested you feel better and are less likely to snack later in the day.
- Stop Drinking Your Calories. Choose your drinks carefully - stay away from anything that has sugar (soda, energy drinks, fruit juice, sweetened coffee drinks) - some of these drinks will have as many calories as a small meal - and wouldn't you rather eat? I would! Cutting down on sugar is an incredibly easy way to lose weight. When you are thirsty - drink water or unsweetened tea. Coffee is ok - but try it black or with a little unsweetened non dairy milk. Flavoured soy and almond milks can contain a lot of sugar so be careful! Oh and don't even think about switching to diet drinks - they can cause more weight gain and give you bigger sugar cravings after drinking them. #dontdodiet
- Cut down on Booze. Don't get me wrong - I love a glass of vino (or 2...) as much as anyone however the calories can add up. As the skinny French women say - you can have wine or you can have dessert, but you can't have both! Also stay away from mixed drinks that have soda, tonic water or fruit juice - they contain a lot of extra sugar = extra cals (see #4) you don't need.
Give one or two of these simple lifestyle changes a try and see how they can work for you and your health goals!
Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself...
Love this healthy content?
Want amazing, healthy recipes delivered to your inbox?