Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Snazzy Sautéed Kale

Green vegetables are the most commonly missing food in people's diet today.

This is a sad statement because greens are literally amazing!

Why?
  • they improve liver, gallbladder and kidney function
  • they clear congestion, especially in the lungs
  • they fight cancer
  • they strengthen your immune system
  • they purify your blood
I think that is more than enough reasons to try and get more glorious greens in your day!

As much as I love salad - and trust me - I LOVE SALAD - sometimes I prefer my greens cooked. This recipe for sautéed kale is interpreted from one of my fav restaurants. The slivered almonds add a dash of extra protein and vitamin E and the grapes give a hint of sweetness that offsets the tang of the kale. It makes a fab side dish or I like to add some kidney beans and eat it as an entree. 

Enjoy!

Snazzy Sautéed Kale

Ingredients
1 large bunch of kale, torn and tough stems removed
1/4 cup slivered almonds
12 red grapes, halved
1 Tbsp olive oil
juice from 1/2 a lemon
a dash of crushed red pepper (optional)
fresh ground sea salt and pepper 

Instructions
Sauté the kale and slivered almonds in a large sauté pan on medium low heat with the olive oil until it it starts to soften. Add the grapes, crushed red pepper (optional), sea salt and pepper. Cook for a couple more minutes until the kale is your desired tenderness.  Spritz with lemon juice before serving.

Love this healthy recipe? 
Want vegan recipes delivered to your inbox? 

No comments:

Post a Comment