Friday, May 27, 2016

My Fav Fast & Fun Cardio


Yes you read that correctly.

Fun and cardio aren't two words you usually associate with one another.

I have nightmares of spending a zillion minutes on a cardio machine getting nowhere. I totally look at the clock after what has seemed like 40 minutes only to find out its been 4. Ughhhh.

A good friend of mine inspired me to try something new for cardio and now I love it.

Jump rope.

Why?

  • it burns a ton of calories
  • its easy
  • its fun
  • its inexpensive
  • it improves cardio fitness and tones your body
  • it sculpts your legs, bum, shoulders and arms
  • you don't need to do it for very long
  • you can do it anywhere
  • you can easily travel with it
I use a good, lightweight jump rope, put on my running shoes, blare some tunes and jump rope for about 10 - 15 minutes a few times a week.  I like to do intervals to step it up a notch - 30 seconds of going as fast as I can and then regular/slow pace for a minute. 

That's it!

When the weather is nice, try it early in the morning outside with no music - and listen to the world wake up. 

"Those who don't jump will never fly..."

Love this healthy content? 
Want amazing, healthy recipes delivered to your inbox? 


No comments:

Post a Comment