Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vegan Diet Substitutions: Your Favourite Foods Gone Vegan


What to do when I want to order a pizza??? Hold the Cheese and fill it up with veggies - try it and you will be surprised how good it really is! Double check that their tomato sauce does not contain any cheese or dairy products (yes there are lots that do!). Add your fav veggies - mine are; red onion, garlic (both very cleansing), spinach, red peppers and broccoli.

I just want a burger and fries!!! Try homemade Black Bean Burgers and Sweet Potato Unfries - check out the full recipe on the Recipe Page. Dress them up like real burgers with lots of veggies and a thin whole wheat or GF bun and voila - craving satisfied!

BLT Sandwich with Potato Chips for lunch? Scrap the bacon, switch the mayo for hummus, add a couple slices of avocado - yummy! Try kale chips or sweet potato chips (check out the recipes on my Recipe page) If you have to have chips (as I sometimes do - try the brand Way Better Snacks - I love the black bean and sweet chili flavours.

Cookie Monster! Yes, there are plenty of baked goods out there that are "vegan" - be wary of their sugar content and what they actually contain, often they are highly processed. There may be a good vegan bakery in your area that is health concious - stay tuned to my blog as I continue the search for "healthy" vegan cookies and check out the Recipe page for some vegan dessert ideas.

Do you have some favourite foods that you just can't bear to be without and don't know how to "vegan-ize" them? Email me and I will figure out something fabulous - and post it for all the other Picky Diet followers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment